Solving Problems: Definition to Options
An interactive and engaging online course on solving problems: definition to options.
How it works
When solving problems at work, you are trying to define a problem while your mindset is in a ‘Detective’ mode looking for clues and motives. This course helps you analyse the current situation and identify the root causes of the problem. You will explore ways in which you and your team can generate solutions.
The benefits of choosing Engage in Learning
- engaging and interactive online training
- personalise courses with our easy-to-use in-course editor
- variable playback speed
- choice of 100 languages
- downloadable eBooks designed to boost knowledge retention and support implementation at work
- learn using desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- accredited, five-star-rated courses
- LMS or cloud-based training
This course covers
- skills on how to identify the real cause of a problem before thinking of fixing it
- how you can work with your team to generate creative and innovative solutions
- some tricks involved in choosing what to fix first
- a clear end goal for the problem solving using the components of a satisfactory end-state description
- categorising problems as urgent and/or important
- encouraging analytical thinking in deciding what to solve
- using 4 key principles of idea generation appropriately: generate many ideas; provoke your thinking; change your perspective; make new connections
- encouraging a divergent thinking style while generating ideas
- identifying any mental blocks to creative thinking and help overcome them
Team Leaders, Managers,
52 minutes with a 5 minute post course test,
You may also be interested in
Discipline and Grievance
An interactive and engaging online course on discipline and grievance for employees.
Bullying and Harassment
An interactive and engaging online course on bullying and harassment for employees.
An interactive and engaging online course on thinking creatively for employees.