Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
An interactive and engaging online course on Drugs and Alcohol Misuse.
How it works
Whilst the course provides learners with an awareness of key issues regarding drug and alcohol misuse it is also very practical and immediately useful. As the learner progresses, they will be met with realistic scenarios concerning colleagues and will need to decide the best approach to take.
This course will provide learners affected by alcohol or drug misuse a starting point for getting to grips with their own situation or help them be well-placed to support others.
The benefits of choosing off-the-shelf eLearning
- Fun, accessible, and interactive online training
- Customise courses to fit your brand
- Up to 100 languages available
- Free eBook to boost knowledge retention and support real-time implementation
- Learn on-the-go with mobile-friendly courses
- Add your own content; policies, procedures, PDF, videos, and more
- CPD, RoSPA, IATP, and ESSC accredited
This course covers
This course covers
- What is alcohol misuse?
- What is an alcohol unit?
- Low risk drinking guidelines
- The consequences of alcohol misuse
- Alcohol and pregnancy
- The benefits of drinking less alcohol
- What is a drug and what do we mean by ‘drug misuse’?
- Why are drugs addictive?
- The different categories and classifications of drugs
- The consequences of drug misuse
- Penalties and the law
Alcohol and drugs in the workplace
- The effects of alcohol and drug misuse on others
- Scenarios where learners deal with potential alcohol/drug misuse in the workplace
- What are the signs of misuse?
Prevention and drug prevention
- Primary/secondary/tertiary prevention
- Alcohol and drug support
- Where to get help
59 minutes (including test)
You may also be interested in
Bullying and Harassment
An interactive and engaging online course on bullying and harassment for employees.
Decision Making Pathway
The decision making pathway contains a series of interactive and engaging online courses for employees to be completed together or individually.
Discipline and Grievance
An interactive and engaging online course on discipline and grievance for employees.