Cutting training costs by 89% and saving 500 staff hours… in just three months!
United Biscuits, best known for brands such as McVitie’s and Jacob’s, is a leading manufacturer of sweet and savoury foods in the UK. United Biscuits spreads across seven manufacturing facilities in the UK and boasts production lines running 24/7.
The cookie crumbles
With 4,600 UK staff spanning from production to sales to customer service, ensuring employees are compliant is very difficult. Over 80% of the workforce work on the factory floor which results in various shift patterns, meaning that finding the time to complete essential training was a logistical nightmare.
United Biscuits made use of several different legacy systems meaning that data was spread – this made it extremely difficult to evidence employee compliance and track and manage skills gaps.
With food manufacturers having to jump through a number of health and safety hoops, United Biscuits needed a solution that would streamline the management and delivery of training, improve access to learning and minimise production downtime.
Just the biscuit!
Kallidus Learn provides a multi-platform, flexible solution that allows United Biscuits to roll-out, track and report on learning and development across the whole business and manage objectives despite complex rotas and shift patterns, thanks to its mobile-friendly LMS and the ability to learn on-the-go.
Lisa McCandless, Head of Learning and Development, praised Kallidus’ solution: ‘For me, Kallidus really stood out. They spoke with conviction and gave us real-life examples of the benefits other companies had experienced since implementing their LMS, which helped put things into context. It felt that they were speaking our language – they really understood what we were saying, what we were aiming for, and wanted to help us get there.’
In the first three months alone, United Biscuits reduced their training costs by 89% and saved almost 500 staff hours – organising a variety of classroom sessions to fit every rota schedule was made redundant.
Staff can access learning at the time of need, whether onsite, travelling or at home which reduces production downtime and can allow all learners to make the most of their personal most effective learning time, regardless of their shift start- or finish-time.
United Biscuits have particularly relished tracking training and ensuring that all staff are compliant at all times, particularly as their food-handling workforce are legally required to refresh their safety training once every three years.
Put a brew on and enjoy a digestive, thanks to the training time saved with Kallidus Learn!
Read our other case studies
- A Top 3 Supermarket Learn Case Studykallidus32019-05-22T10:38:45+00:00
- Starr Companies Learn Case Studykallidus32019-04-10T13:06:59+00:00
- Iceland Recruit Case Studykallidus32019-03-27T16:06:53+00:00
- Portman Dental Care Recruit Case Studykallidus32019-03-27T16:07:01+00:00
- Eurostar Perform Case StudyNatalie King2019-03-27T16:07:50+00:00
- United BiscuitsLisa White2018-10-24T13:18:36+00:00
- Ultra ElectronicsLisa White2018-10-24T12:57:12+00:00
- South Wales PoliceLisa White2018-10-24T13:03:04+00:00
- HospitalityGemLisa White2018-10-24T13:06:28+00:00
- Leading Insurance ProviderLisa White2018-10-24T13:07:14+00:00
- Leading builders’ merchant and retailerLisa White2018-10-24T13:08:10+00:00