Improving e-learning uptake by 100% and compliance by 92% at a builders’ merchant?
One of Britain’s favourite high-street building merchants and home improvement retailer consists of 19 autonomous businesses, employing a diverse workforce of over 26,000 individuals across 2,000 outlets across the UK and Ireland.
Raising the roof on compliance issues
The retailer was using e-learning to conduct compliance and product training – but yet, their current online strategy could not sufficiently support blended learning across the ever-growing workforce.
Managers began to see learning as little more than a ‘tick-box’ compliance exercise, and employees were showing a distinct lack of interest in their personal development using online programmes available to them.
The retailer realised that the L&D strategy needed to change perceptions, cultivate leadership support and participation, and instil a genuine learning-ready culture.
Can we fix it?
Kallidus Learn was implemented as the retailer moved from a ‘push’ model to a ‘pull’ approach. Prior to implementation, employees were only encouraged to log on to their e-learning system to complete necessary compliance courses.
Using their new ‘pull’ model, the business used Kallidus Learn to provide an engaging soft-skills focused programme to deliver personalised learning as part of the group’s new culture, which was hoped would support long-term learning and development.
The Learning Solutions Manager was suitably impressed: ‘The results have been phenomenal: we have exceeded training targets, and our strategy continues to drive key benefits for learners and the business as a whole. Tracking and managing colleague development has become proactive rather than reactive, and we are now combatting key skills gaps far more effectively.’
Yes we can!
As a result of Kallidus Learn’s implementation, the retailer enjoyed improved learner journeys that have enriched user adoption and employee engagement. Thanks to this, over 2,500 employees now regularly access non-mandatory training each month and with personalised, culture-specific online learning, logins rose by 300% in the LMS’s first year.
User satisfaction increased from 50% to 84% and e-learning completions increased by a huge 165%.
With over 500 hours of administration reduced, £1m of budget saved and compliance rates doubling to over 92%, Kallidus Learn created some very happy learners and learning departments!
Read our other case studies
- A Top 3 Supermarket Learn Case Studykallidus32019-05-22T10:38:45+00:00
- Starr Companies Learn Case Studykallidus32019-04-10T13:06:59+00:00
- Iceland Recruit Case Studykallidus32019-03-27T16:06:53+00:00
- Portman Dental Care Recruit Case Studykallidus32019-03-27T16:07:01+00:00
- Eurostar Perform Case StudyAlice Rowan2019-03-27T16:07:50+00:00
- United BiscuitsLisa White2018-10-24T13:18:36+00:00
- Ultra ElectronicsLisa White2018-10-24T12:57:12+00:00
- South Wales PoliceLisa White2018-10-24T13:03:04+00:00
- HospitalityGemLisa White2018-10-24T13:06:28+00:00
- Leading Insurance ProviderLisa White2018-10-24T13:07:14+00:00
- Leading builders’ merchant and retailerLisa White2018-10-24T13:08:10+00:00