Inspiring confidence in conflict management for Ladbrokes Coral
Betting shop staff are often faced with difficult situations and customer conflict. Ladbrokes Coral, one of Europe’s largest betting and gaming groups, is keen to ensure its colleagues know what to do, but with a network of over 3,500 shops and 25,000 employees to be trained, that’s no small task.
They needed a new training intervention, covering a range of topics from anti-social behaviour right up to armed robbery, which would be available on-demand to both new and existing colleagues.
Showing what can happen
It was agreed there was a strong case for video, with realistic scenes being brought to life by professional actors. e-learning would also need to be embedded to reinforce the key points.
Working with Ladbrokes Coral, our learning design team developed the content and a concept – the module would start with opening the shop and end with an armed robbery at the end of the day. The scenes took place in a Ladbrokes shop and a Coral shop, switching between them throughout.
Each scene was set around one issue, for example, anti-social behaviour, and had two versions: the first one showing what can go wrong and the second showing the right way to behave in each case.
A voiceover narrative helped us highlight the issues and emphasised the key points to take away.
Showing how to keep safe
The finished module was co-branded and published so that colleagues of Ladbrokes and Coral shops could access the training from the LMS, which also records that they have completed the training.
The module provides new and existing colleagues with realistic training on a challenging subject. The videos demonstrate best practice behaviour to identify, avoid or deal with difficult situations. As a result, colleagues feel more confident and are at less risk of conflict as a result of events escalating.
Find out how Kallidus can work for you and your organisation by booking a demo with one of our product specialists
Read our other case studies
- A Top 3 Supermarket Learn Case Studykallidus32019-05-22T10:38:45+00:00
- Starr Companies Learn Case Studykallidus32019-04-10T13:06:59+00:00
- Iceland Recruit Case Studykallidus32019-03-27T16:06:53+00:00
- Portman Dental Care Recruit Case Studykallidus32019-03-27T16:07:01+00:00
- Eurostar Perform Case StudyAlice Rowan2019-03-27T16:07:50+00:00
- United BiscuitsAlice Rowan2018-10-24T13:18:36+00:00
- Ultra ElectronicsAlice Rowan2018-10-24T12:57:12+00:00
- South Wales PoliceAlice Rowan2018-10-24T13:03:04+00:00
- HospitalityGemAlice Rowan2018-10-24T13:06:28+00:00
- Leading Insurance ProviderAlice Rowan2018-10-24T13:07:14+00:00
- Leading builders’ merchant and retailerAlice Rowan2018-10-24T13:08:10+00:00
Do you have some questions?
Talk to us, we’re here to help